June 13, 2007

LASER AND TORCHS INFECTIONS

Recently I was attracted by patients with interesting infections.As an otolaryngologist I always check my patient neck forsigns and symptoms of TORCHS enlargement of lymph glands.This is maybe a late signs of nasopharyngeal carcinoma metastasis to neck glands.
My experiences teached me of non specific neck gland enlargements of banal infections or specific infection process of tuberculous origin.
I have read some experiences of how low power laser therapy can do and solve for this interesting problems.
But let me write a short notes on these cases:
1.A woman with a general inflammation and pain due to the toxoplasma,rubella,citomegalovirus and herpes simplex infections.
2.A young female with otalgia(ear pain),headache,referred to me for suspected cholesteatoma of right mastoid cavity.There is no reason to do the mastoid surgery because this patient was a case of TORCHS infections.
3.A boy with autism with mother suffering from TORCHS.
4.An adult male with headache,tinnitus,hearing loss suffered from TORCHS infections
and some other cases I think will make a long list of TORCHS infected persons.
I believe that laser therapy has a place to help these patients.If you know them,will you send them to the hands of doctors who understand laser as a medicine?

No comments: